Automated order picking of media
As a leading full service providers of media, the "Vereinigte Verlagsauslieferung" (United Publishing Company), or VVA, belongs to arvato AG as a part of arvato services.
The core business of arvato consists of services for printing, copying as well as direct marketing, financial services, IT and supply chain management. VVA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann delivers products of more than 200 publishers to businesses and customers worldwide.
Automated order picking for bookworms
In order to maintain their leading market position in the long term, VVA opted for a unique, effective storage and order-picking concept; customised by SSI Schaefer, the logistics specialist. All processes between the existing high bay warehouse and the goods issuing department were restructured.
- Bundled delivery across the entire range of products
- Increase in pick-performance by factor 3 – 4
- Zero-error rate
- Decrease in processing time
- Increase productivity by area-ratio
- Information and Consulting
For more information call:
1800 724 233
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
- Creation of the logistics concept
- Implementation planning
- Container conveyor technology
- Racking system for containers and storage and retrieval machines
- Schaefer Carousel System (SCS)
- Order picking stations – Pick-to-Tote/Pick-by-Light
- Warehouse management and control system