FIEGE (Bosch Tools)
European Distribution of electrical tools and accessories
In IDC Worms, the products from the Bosch "Power Tools" and "Lawn & Garden" ranges, as well as the corresponding accessories are processed logistically and the micro-distribution of the approx. 16,000 different articles across the whole of Europe is implemented, as well as the worldwide macro-distribution to all regional Bosch warehouses. Around 750 employees are responsible for this.
SSI SCHAEFER Noell brings everything together at FIEGE
As a general contractor in logistics, SSI SCHAEFER Noell undertook for the FIEGE Group in Greven the construction of a new logistics centre for electrical, garden tools and accessories for the Bosch product chain for the brands of Dremel, Bosch and Skil in Worms.
The objective: The cost-effective processing of the entire logistics for micro-distribution in Germany and the worldwide macro-distribution of the 20,000 different products for DIYers and professionals. The particular challenge here resulted from the special requirements of the construction market sector: The fast, national and international logistics processing of small parts and large volume units.
On 90,000 m2 of area, the "ant" platform-independent logistics software developed by SSI SCHAEFER Noell coordinates and controls the new distribution centre.
- Better response options at peak times
- Increase delivery quality
- Reduce transport costs
- Centralisation of storage, distribution and dispatch for Europe
- High availability of articles
- Reduce warehousing costs and personnel
- Information and Consulting
For more information call:
1800 724 233
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
- Pallet conveying technology
- Carton conveyor technology
- Storage and retrieval devices
- High bay warehouse and rack systems
- Warehouse management and control system