SSI SCHAEFER Noell realises automobile logistics centre
Volkswagen de Mèxico in Puebla has over 15,000 employees working in 3-shift operation to produce approx. 1500 cars each day, including the Jetta, New Beetle, Golf Cabrio and Beetle/Sedan.
The production expansion of over 60% from 1991 to 2001 due to new models and versions required new, efficient logistics concepts. Of eight providers, SSI SCHAEFER Noell was awarded the contract as a general contractor.
The sophisticated total concept won over the decision-makers as did the tried and trusted technology for an optimum price/performance ratio. The innovative logistics centre combines many benefits for process optimisation. Transparency and cost-savings based on reducing area and personnel, removing duplicated functions and reducing the numbers of industrial trucks and HGVs.
- Save warehousing and personnel costs
- Faster response options at peak times
- Organisation of the goods flow in the plant
- Reduce error quota
- Sequenced provision
- Information and Consulting
For more information call:
1800 724 233
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
Optimisation of the interim storage of production parts and the prompt supply of parts to the production line
- Creation of the logistics concept
- Implementation planning
- General contractor: Turnkey installation (roof/wall/building technology, sprinkler, base plate)
- Mini-load and small parts store
- Delivery of system pallets
- IT, WMS (miniload, small parts store, warehouse management and control system for manual storage) line supply