Optimising energy consumption in your warehouse safeguards the environment and also reduces the operating and maintenance costs of the plant. This not only ensures a clear conscience but also secures your long-term investment.
With expert knowledge and many years of experience, SSI SCHAEFER facilitates the implementation of energy-efficient storage right from the planning of the logistics and the facility. Thanks to our unique and wide range of intralogistics services, we think in systems and complete solutions that assure your success both efficiently and long-term.
A selection of topics we provide consulting for and implement together with you:
- Site Selection
Where is the facility located with regard to your customers? Does it have the necessary infrastructure? Which distances need to be covered?
- Site Optimisation
Are all the existing spaces and buildings being used efficiently?
- What does the overall energy balance look like?
- Use of renewable energies
What are the options regarding photovoltaics, geothermics or solar thermals?
Have energy-saving lights been installed? Is there a concept for security lighting?
Are there any reasonable additional extras such as pellet heating, district heating from bio gas plants or black lights?
- Building activities
Is there a feasible energy-optimised design for the roof and facade that could be realised? Are the gates, doors and locks sufficiently insulated?
Energy efficiency right form the start
When planning and implementing an SSI SCHAEFER warehouse and order picking system, energy efficiency is also a fixed part of the system planning work.
- Layout Design
- Route-optimised layout of the system components
- Use of energy-efficient components and drives
- High Efficiency drives
- Drives designed in line with the specific application - no universal drives
- Mechanical and electrical optimisation
- Lightweight design
- Use of drive models with optimised efficiency
- reduction in drive performance via dead load equalisation
- Friction minimised due to appropriate material combinations
- Switch-off on demand
- Intermediate circuit connections
- Intelligent actuation of the main storage and retrieval device axles
- Regenerative energy devices
- Workplace design